Efficacy and function of balsam pear
- It is not unreasonable that balsam pear is loved by people. It has the effects of clearing away heat, invigorating kidney and spleen, nourishing blood and Qi, nourishing liver and improving eyesight, and has certain therapeutic effects on some diseases, such as dysentery, heat stroke, sore swelling, excessive heat rash, conjunctivitis and so on.
- Momordica charantia itself contains high vitamin C, and vitamin C is a substance that the human body needs very much. It can prevent scurvy, prevent atherosclerosis, protect cell membrane, improve the body’s stress ability, and protect the heart.
- The effective components of Momordica charantia L. can inhibit the canceration of normal cells and promote the recovery of mutant cells, which has a certain anti-cancer effect.
- Momordicin in balsam pear is known as “fat killer”, which can reduce the intake of fat and polysaccharide. Balsam pear can also clear away heat, dispel heart fire, detoxify, improve eyesight, replenish qi and essence, relieve thirst and heat, and cure carbuncle.
- Momordica charantia can moisten dry skin, whiten and moisturize skin.
- Hypoglycemic effect: the blood glucose of normal and alloxan diabetic rabbits can be significantly reduced after administration of Momordica charantia juice;
- Promote diet, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic: Momordica charantia glucoside and bitter element can increase appetite, invigorate spleen and appetizer; the alkaloid quinine has the effect of diuresis and blood circulation, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic, clearing heart and improving eyesight;
- Anti cancer: balsam pear protein composition and a large number of vitamin C can improve the body’s immune function, so that immune cells have the role of killing cancer cells;
- Detoxification and weight loss: balsam pear can reduce the intake of fat and polysaccharide, which has a good effect on weight loss and fat elimination;
- Beauty effect: balsam pear can moisturize fair skin, calm and moisturize skin, especially in the hot summer, apply the frozen balsam pear tablets, can immediately relieve the skin’s irritability.
Nutritional value of balsam pear
Balsam pear is bitter and cold in nature and rich in vitamin C. It has the functions of eliminating pathogenic heat, relieving fatigue, clearing heart and eyesight, benefiting qi and strengthening yang. Foreign scientists also extracted a kind of quinine essence from balsam pear, which contains physiological active protein, can improve the function of immune system, and is also conducive to human skin regeneration and wound healing. So often eat bitter gourd can also enhance the vitality of the cortex, make the skin become tender and healthy. Not long ago, scientists extracted from balsam pear for export insulin-like (duofu-p) drug, which has significant curative effect on diabetes and obvious hypoglycemic effect.
Momordica charantia is rich in nutrition. It contains high protein, fat, carbohydrate, etc. in melon vegetables, especially vitamin C, which is as high as 84 mg per 100 grams, about 5 times as much as wax gourd, 14 times as much as cucumber, 21 times as much as pumpkin, ranking the first among melons. Balsam pear also contains crude fiber, carotene, balsam pear glycoside, phosphorus, iron and a variety of minerals, amino acids, etc.; balsam pear also contains more lipoproteins, which can promote the human immune system to resist cancer cells, and regular consumption can enhance the human immune function. The bitter taste of balsam pear is due to its anti malarial quinine, which can inhibit the overactive body temperature center. Therefore, balsam pear has the effect of clearing heat and detoxifying.
Balsam pear is commonly used as a unilateral therapeutic agent in traditional Chinese medicine, such as stir frying the seeds of balsam pear, grinding them into powder, taking 6G each time, sprinkling them with yellow water, which can treat impotence and spermatorrhea; ramming juice or Decoction with fresh balsam pear, which is a good supplementary food therapy for liver fire, red eyes, stomach heat, epigastric pain and damp heat dysentery; ramming and external application with fresh balsam pear, which can treat carbuncle and furuncle; In summer, children are easy to suffer from heat rash. If you slice balsam pear and try to wipe the heat rash on your body, you can recover as soon as possible. If you boil balsam pear water or make it a delicious food, you can cool off heat. After drying, balsam pear is a good medicine for treating fever.